If you are using the Outlook App
- Move the mouse pointer to the bottom right corner of your screen, and then select Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Add an account.
- Click on Other account.
- Select IMAP and click on Connect.
- Enter your e-mail address and password. Click on Show more details.
- Enter the following:
- Incoming (IMAP) server: imap.mail.com
- Port (Incoming server): 993
- Incoming server requires SSL: Yes (check box)
- Outgoing (SMTP) server: smtp.mail.com
- Port (outgoing server): 587
- Outgoing Server requires SSL: No (uncheck)
- Click Connect.
If you are using Windows Mail App
- Open the Mail app by clicking the Windows Start menu and choosing Mail.
- If this is the first time you’ve opened the Mail app, you’ll see a Welcome page. Select Add account to get started.
If you’ve used the Mail app before, at the bottom of the left navigation pane, select Settings , and then choose Manage Accounts.
- Select Add account.
- Choose the type of the account you want to add (Most often Exchange or Office 365 if provided by Silvertoad).
- Enter the required information and click Sign in. For most accounts, this is your email address, password, and the account name. The account name is what you’ll see in both the left pane of Mail for Windows 10 as well as the Manage Accounts pane.
- Click Done. Your data will start syncing as soon as your account is set up.
- If this doesn’t work, then when choosing the type of account, select Advanced Setup
- Email address This is the name you’ll see in the left pane of the Mail app.
- User name This is your full email address.
- Password Enter your email account password.
- Account name This is the name that you’ll see in the left pane of Mail, as well as in the Manage Accounts pane. You can choose any name you want.
- Send your messages using this name Enter the name you want recipients to see when they receive your message.
- Incoming email server You can get this information from Silvertoad.
- Account type Choose POP3 or IMAP4. You will be told this by Silvertoad
- Outgoing (SMTP) email server You can get this information from Silvertoad.
- By default, all four checkboxes at the bottom of the window will be selected. Most email accounts don’t require any changes to these options.
Enter the following information in the Advanced setup window.
- After you’ve entered the required information, click Sign in > Done.