If you are using the Outlook App
- Download and open Outlook
- Open Outlook and select File.
- Click Add Account.
- Check Manual setup or additional server types and click Next.
- Select POP or IMAP and click Next
- Enter Your Name and E-mail Address.
Select IMAP as your account type.
For Incoming mail server (IMAP), enter the incoming address supplied by Silvertoad
For Outgoing mail server (SMTP), enter the outgoing address supplied by Silvertoad
In Logon Information enter the e-mail address and password provided by Silvertoad
Click More Settings.
- Select Outgoing Server and check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Select Advanced.
For Incoming server (IMAP) enter 993 and select SSL.
For Outgoing server (SMTP) enter 465 and select SSL.
For Root folder path enter INBOX with uppercase letters.
Click OK and then Next.
- Click Close.
- You have now set up your account in Microsoft Outlook 2013. Click Finish.
If you are using Windows Mail App
- Open the Mail app by clicking the Windows Start menu and choosing Mail.
- If this is the first time you’ve opened the Mail app, you’ll see a Welcome page. Select Add account to get started.
If you’ve used the Mail app before, at the bottom of the left navigation pane, select Settings , and then choose Manage Accounts.
- Select Add account.
- Choose the type of the account you want to add (Most often Exchange or Office 365 if provided by Silvertoad).
- Enter the required information and click Sign in. For most accounts, this is your email address, password, and the account name. The account name is what you’ll see in both the left pane of Mail for Windows 10 as well as the Manage Accounts pane.
- Click Done. Your data will start syncing as soon as your account is set up.
- If this doesn’t work, then when choosing the type of account, select Advanced Setup
- Email address This is the name you’ll see in the left pane of the Mail app.
- User name This is your full email address.
- Password Enter your email account password.
- Account name This is the name that you’ll see in the left pane of Mail, as well as in the Manage Accounts pane. You can choose any name you want.
- Send your messages using this name Enter the name you want recipients to see when they receive your message.
- Incoming email server You can get this information from Silvertoad.
- Account type Choose POP3 or IMAP4. You will be told this by Silvertoad
- Outgoing (SMTP) email server You can get this information from Silvertoad.
- By default, all four checkboxes at the bottom of the window will be selected. Most email accounts don’t require any changes to these options.
Enter the following information in the Advanced setup window.
- After you’ve entered the required information, click Sign in > Done.