Creating a Blog in WP
Some themes may already come with a blog page which you can customise, however this SOM will take you through creating one from scratch, and then uploading and organising content. By default, WordPress displays your content in a blog format on the homepage, however this may not work with your site.
- Navigate to the back end of your website.
- Go to Pages
- Add a new page, or CLONE an existing page and remove its main content.
- Name your page ‘blog’ and change the permalink to match.
- If using betheme, click add section, and add a wrap(like you would when setting up a normal page)
- In the wrap, click add item
- Select Blog
- Click the small pencil button to edit the blog
- Here you can select how many blog posts to show, the style, the number of columns etc.
- Publish the page
Go to posts in the left hand column
In here are your blog posts. To create a new one:
- Click Add New
- Enter a title for your blog post
- Edit the permalink to be relevant if it is not already
- If you’re using betheme use the content builder with add section/wrap as normal.
- Otherwise, use the visual/text editor at the top to write your content.
- On the right hand side blocks, you can add the post to a category, add tags and set a featured image.
- Click publish.
Your posts will now appear in your blog page
Remember to add the blog page to the menu by going to appearance>menus.